We offer 1 placement.
During your placement, you will:
• Undergo a comprehensive, structured training programme that includes clinical rotations, dispensary, medicines information, pre-admission clinics and clinical trials experience.
• Have the opportunity to gain experience from Addenbrooke’s Hospital, the local mental health hospital, as well as in community pharmacy. This enables trainees to receive well-rounded experience.
• Be supported by colleagues through weekly tutorials
• Build on your skills and understanding by attending in-house training sessions, as well as clinical seminars with trainees from the Cambridgeshire area.
• Gain useful guidance and support when preparing for your examination
The Pharmacy Department
The Pharmacy department is a friendly team with approx. 50 members of staff, who are an integral part of the multi-disciplinary team delivering patient care at Royal Papworth Hospital.
The service involves a wide range of responsibilities, including patient-focussed clinical services, dispensary services, medicines information and a pre-admission clinic service. Pharmacists work closely with pharmacy technicians on the wards to provide pharmaceutical care.
We are an accredited site for post-graduate diploma courses. Several of our directorate pharmacists are members of their respective specialist committees and have presented at conferences in the UK and overseas. Trainees benefit from working closely with their tutor and the rest of the team.
Royal Papworth Hospital has a well-established international reputation as one of the largest specialist cardiothoracic hospitals treating over 100,000 patients a year from across the UK. Our patients travel long distances to visit the hospital, confident in the knowledge that we are at the forefront of providing new and innovative treatments for heart and lung patients.
Our services span across cardiology, respiratory medicine, sleep medicine, cardiothoracic surgery and transplantation.
Enabling innovation and excellence
Papworth Hospital is committed to delivering the highest quality of care for its patients through innovation and excellence in cardiothoracic medicine.
Amongst its long history of ‘firsts’, Papworth Hospital has recently pioneered in successfully performing a DCD heart transplantation for the first time in Europe. The surgery has helped to increase the UK heart transplantation rate by nearly 40%.
The hospital is one of few centres globally that regularly performs Pulmonary Endarterectomy (PEA) surgery for the treatment of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH) and has an established international training programme to share its expertise in this area. The hospital also has a dedicated Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) centre and has been providing highly acclaimed, international courses for ECMO training for the last five years.
New Papworth Hospital
Papworth Hospital will be moving to be part of the Cambridge Biomedical Campus in April 2018.
The state-of-the-art, purpose-built hospital will be the most advanced cardiothoracic hospital in Europe, offering the very best in medical treatment. This will include:
• 310 beds, virtually all being in single rooms with en-suite facilities
• 46-bed Critical Care Area including Cardiac Recovery Unit and Cardiac High Dependency Unit
• 7 state-of-the-art operating theatres
• 5 Catheter Laboratories
• 6 inpatient wards which will have sub-specialties within them
• 24-bed day ward
• The largest 'Sleep Clinic' in the UK
• Centrally-located outpatient unit to incorporate a wide range of diagnostic and treatment facilities
In addition, the location of the new hospital will provide the UK with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to develop a world-class research institute for heart and lung disease (HLRI) in partnership with the University of Cambridge, expanding opportunities on which the treatments of tomorrow will be based.
Our staff helped to develop our values. These values form the foundation of what we do, how we behave and how our hospital is led.
• Leading with care
We always seek to lead with the care of our patients and our staff at the forefront of our work. We are a leading cardiothoracic hospital.
• Instilling innovation
We have a history of pioneering achievements.
We aim to instil an innovative approach in all our work such as our Service Improvement Programme (SIP) and research breakthroughs, through to our new Heart and Lung Research Institute.
• Feeling valued
We want our staff to feel valued when they come to work. We want our staff to feel listened to; have clarity on their role; have opportunities for education and learning; and develop skills and capabilities to provide the highest quality of care for our patients.
• Encouraging excellence
Our attitude to everything we do: we encourage excellence in all aspects of our clinical and non clinical services
Our services are internationally recognised as we have an extraordinary commitment to deliver the highest levels of clinical quality and to provide excellent care to our patients.
Please send your application to: Dale Turner Email: (email@example.com)
Search ‘Papworth’ on https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/ to find out more about the opportunities available at Papworth Hospital.