We offer 3 placements for 2020/21. For the 2021/22 training year, we will offer an additional post with 13 weeks at Woolpit Health Centre.
Our trainee pharmacists are highly valued integrated team members and are supported by experienced pre-registration tutors holding both post-graduate clinical and training qualifications.
• Are provided with a comprehensive rotational clinical training plan at the outset of their training year.
• Will be offered a full Medicines Information and aseptic rotation in addition to their core clinical and dispensary rotations
• Will have the opportunity to flexibly tailor their training plans to reflect their learning needs and areas of clinical interest.
• Work alongside experienced clinical staff in patient facing settings from the outset of their training.
• Undertake a two week cross sector placement in a community pharmacy registered as a training premises
• Will participate in the UEA residential study programme
• Are provided with dedicated education laptops for use in the workplace
• Meet weekly with their experienced tutor to review progress, identify learning needs and for pastoral support
We would love to welcome you to our friendly professional team and hope you share our goals of achieving quality and excellence for patients, putting their health and wellbeing first.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit contact:
Jenny Hannah email@example.com
The Pharmacy department
The Pharmacy department comprises around 80 staff and is well respected within the Trust. We have a centralised modern department including a chemotherapy production unit and a robotic dispensary. The department has well established ward based clinical services with technician lead production and dispensary functions. We strongly believe in promoting professional development and have an active training and education team. We pride ourselves in being a friendly and welcoming team and offer many social opportunities within the trust and department including a hospital choir, departmental rounder’s competitions and evening social events.
West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust is a highly successful, award-winning trust proving hospital and community services to a population of around 280,000 people.
Our vision is to pursue quality and excellence for patients, putting their health and wellbeing first. A high performing trust, our most recent CQC results gave us an overall rating of “Good”, while rating the care provided as “outstanding”. We aim to be one of the safest and most joined-up healthcare systems in England.
We provide acute hospital services from our 430-bed hospital set in parkland on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds. The hospital has an emergency department, obstetrics, maternity and neonatal services, a day surgery unit, eye unit and children’s wards and provides the full range of secondary care services.
We train the doctors of the future and provide the clinical base for the Cambridge Graduate Medical course. We value all our trainee healthcare professionals and are a centre of excellence for education.
The Trust has a fully integrated electronic prescribing and medication record system and holds a Global Digital Excellence Award to further develop and share its digital infrastructure and capabilities.
Trust name: West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
Site: West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds
Contact details: Jenny Hannah firstname.lastname@example.org Pharmacist teacher Practitioner tel. 01284 712813
All band 6 pharmacist posts at this hospital are advertised on: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/